Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quicken Financial Life for Mac

Rumor has it that there will be a non-sucking version of Quicken sometime soon(?). Supposedly, it will be called "Quicken Financial Life for Mac" - rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Around the time of MacWorld 2008, there were reports of a brand new version of Quicken in MacRumors, ArsTechnica, and AppleInsider, just to name a few. That was January, but we've heard nothing since. Granted, all the reports said it wouldn't come out until Fall, but I would expect to hear some buzz.

There is a sign-up page for a mythical beta test. We've registered, but still nothing.

We will do what we can to cover this topic, but in the meantime, the silence is deafening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been using quicken for mac, as long as i've had a mac. For about 2 years. It has been a rocky road ever since. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

Needless to say, I'm knee deep in it, and I can't turn back. There are no other options out there. The bill pay function was always the one thing that kept me using quicken, but now I'm hearing on the Financial Life website, is that bill pay is no longer supported.

I think I'm finally going to check out iBank or Moneydance.

Bruce Williams said...

As a former PC user moving to Mac, I was quite disappointed by Quicken for Mac. It is quite unusable. That is why I was very interested in the Quicken Financial Life for Mac. I, too, signed up for the Beta - twice! And, I have heard nothing. They either need to change something or I am switching to iBank!